AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Program
How it Works
Puppies eligible for the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy program are up to one year of age. Any Breed or mixed breed may participate.
Note! To participate in this program, you must tell us when you sign up for class!
To quality as a S.T.A.R. Puppy you and your puppy must complete a basic training class, taught by an AKC Approved CGC Evaluator. You must attend your training class for at least 6 weeks and at the end of the six weeks, the instructor will administer the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy test. Upon passing the test, you'll get an application to send to the AKC for enrollment in the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Program.
Your puppy will receive the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Medal (for display or memento purposes; not suitable as a collar tag). You and your puppy will be listed in the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy records. In addition, so that you can continue learning, you will receive the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy package that includes:
- A beautiful, frameable certificate designating your puppy is in the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy records at AKC
- AKC Puppy Handbook, a valuable resource
- Discount to enroll in AKC Companion Animal Recovery Corporation, a 24-hour recovery service
- Ongoing Monthly Email Newsletter: Your AKC. This includes training tips and up-to-date information every dog owner needs to know. We want you and your puppy to continue learning beyond puppy classes.
Telling Tails classes that qualify for the AKC S.T.A.R Puppy program are Pet Dog 101 classes taught by Mallory Hattie or Marie Gagnon.
The above information is taken from the AKC web site. For more information on the AKC or on the S.T.A.R. Puppy Program go to this AKC link... AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy
How to Sign Up
- Contact Mallory at 207- 642-3693 to find out which Pet Dog 101 classes can serve as your STAR Puppy class.
- To take the class as S.T.A.R. puppy class, you must let us know before you begin the Pet Dog 101 class.